In my short time at Culinary School, I realized that the mainstream restaurant business was not an option for me. In fact, it scared me so much, I didn't pursue a career in cooking for twelve years. A few years ago though, my wife and I took a great interest in eating healthier for our bodies and the earth. We began sourcing better ingredients like organics and locally produced goods. Subsequently, after moving to South Dakota, this interest evolved into more of a passion as we were able to meet more of the men and women producing and sourcing our foods. There's really no feeling like getting to know the people that work so hard to grow and/or source the local and organic food you are cooking and eating. It's truly magnificent.
Now, twelve years later, I finally understand my passion for the Culinary Arts and am infinitely pleased to be offering this "passion" in edible form to the people of the Black Hills via food that is created with local ingredients and a deep love for the earth.
A heartfelt thank you to each client and future client of Elite Events for making this possible. I hope you all enjoy our food and that it sparks a "food revolution" in each and every one of you.
Crucial Facts About Jared
- 01Cooks every single day of his life
- 02Grows fresh food in his gardens
- 03Raises chickens and collects fresh eggs daily
- 04Owns more cookbooks than he has space for
- 05Becoming skilled in the traditional and fermented foods movement
- 06Believes in the adage: Buy Less, Live More
- 07Loves the BBC's Two Fat Ladies - They are truly inspirational
- 08Consumes a homemade latte every morning before anything else
- 09Likes his food to not only taste amazing but look beautiful as well
- 10Dreams of living in Italy or France for a month out of every year
- 11Main hobbies are cooking, gardening and creating things